Friday, March 18, 2005

Also, 1040 Is Different From 401(k)

I'm seeing a fair number of references to tax returns when the writer means tax refunds.


SuzyG said...

I guess I could ask my brother-in-law (hyphens needed there?) the tax accountant, but what is the difference between a tax return and a tax refund?

Bill said...

You fill out a return, preferably by April 15, and then if you have had more money withheld than you end up owing, the government sends you a refund.